Siren, short and fatal seduction for piano 4 hands, op. 10
Siren is a commission from the Festival Emergence which took place in Brussels at Fall 2012. After the phoenix (Phoenix, op. 9), it is another mythic creature that inspired Romain Corbisier: the siren.
The piece is in three parts (A-B-A'): the siren is singing her charming song (A), a prey comes into her trap and she attacks him (B), then she resumes her search for a new victim still with her charming song (A'). A short and fatal seduction in 5 minutes!
Version française cliquez ici.
- Title: Siren, short and fatal seduction for piano 4 hands, op. 10 (original title: Sirène, courte séduction fatale pour piano 4 mains, op. 10)
- Year of composition: 2012
- Duration: 5 minutes 30 seconds
- Instrumentation: Piano 4 hands
- Creation: 27th October, 2012 (Old Church, Berchem Sainte-Agathe, Brussels, Belgium - by: piano 4 hands: Nao Momitani and Tomoka Honda)
The score of Siren, short and fatal seduction for piano 4 hands, op. 10 is not available. A new edition will be released in 2019.