The Lucky Boy And The Wicked King, op. 19
The Lucky Boy And The Wicked King is a version for accordion and narrator of the Grimm Brother's tale The Devil with the Three Golden Hairs made by Romain Corbisier. This adaptation is a bit shorter than the original and contains more dialogues.
This piece has been commissioned by Fanny Lavigne who studied with the great accordionist Max Bonnay. The tale has been composed in close collaboration with them and the score explores the full richness of the writing for accordion solo.
The musical project was to combine voice and accordion without giving the impression that the accordion accompanies the narrator. The instrument has to be part of the narration as if it was in the story itself.
The Lucky Boy And The Wicked King won the "Prix de la création 2019" during the 1st International accordion competition held in Montcea-les-Mines, France.
- Title: The Lucky Boy And The Wicked King, op. 19 (original title: L'Enfant coiffé et le méchant roi, op. 19)
- Year of composition: 2019
- Duration: 19 minutes
- Instrumentation: Accordion and narrator
- Création: 16 May, 2019 (Salle Fauré, Conservatoire à rayonnement régional de Paris, Paris, France - by: accordion: Fanny Lavigne, narrator: Romain Corbisier)
- Commission: by Fanny Lavigne
To get the score of The Lucky Boy And The Wicked King, op. 19, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with one of the following references:
- ERC19 (pdf): 5€
- ERC19R (bound): 20€
Note: in case of bound score, shipping charges will be added.